Hi friends! Well the year is basically flying by and it's already June! We are halfway through the year and getting started in my favorite season. I'm looking forward to soaking in all this summer has to offer. I want to eat on all the patios, enjoy drinks with friends, run outside, play with my kids at the river, go to the lake, and basically just live it up during the warm season. I'm ready for it all. I think we both have some kick ass goals for this month. As always we are linking up with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl so check her out as well!
Jen's May Small Goals
Buy 2 Enamel Pins I ended up adding 10 to my collection this month, no big deal.
Finish Stash Busting Quilt Top Finished and waiting to be quilted! I have plans to buy the backing material later today and quilting plans next weekend.
No Outfit Repeats Conquered! This goal was a little tricky some morning because favorites and feelings, but it wasn't too hard over all. I just needed reminders.
Clean/Organize Bookshelf Cleaned an organized before bookcon. Major win.
Jen's June Small Goals
1. Finish 12 Days of Christmas Sampler. I've been trying to work through some of my older cross stitch kits I've collected over the last couple of years. Once this one is complete, I will have worked through all outstanding kits that are over a year old! If you are a fellow cross stitcher, you will know how accomplishing that is!
2. Enamel pin display. Now that I have a legit pin collection, I need to figure out/craft a way to display their awesomeness instead of shoving them into an owl canister. Any ideas are welcome!!
3. Read 1 ARC from Bookcon. Yes, everything circles back to Bookcon 2016! Anyway, I read one ARC in May and would like to bust out one in June. I think one is doable with the HP reread.
4. Cut out Sasquatch quilt. I planned out my quilty goals for the rest of the year and have plans to make a legendary quilt, or as I've been calling it, the Sasquatch quilt. June's goal is to get it cut out!
5. Buy a kiddie pool a/k/a reading pool. Yea, this goal probably sounds super random, but I LOVE me some sunshine reading and with summer almost here it is becoming pretty hot, too hot to just roast in the sun for the love of books. My husband is not all about the responsibilities of the pool life, so a kiddie pool is a good compromise. I'm pumped to get my summer reading on from my super cool reading pool.
Heather's May Small Goals
3. Read 6 books I read exactly 6 books: Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a Small College Town by John Krakauer, After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid, The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvarter, Asking For It by Louis O'Neill, and A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.
4. Only pay for iced coffee no more than once a week Fail. I did cut down a lot and only went 2-3 times instead of 5-6 but I still would like to cut this down to one this summer.5. Run twice a week I did it! I started using a Couch to 5K app the second week of May so it's been more like 3 times a week tbh
4/5 which is much better than I thought!
Heather's June Small Goals
1. Walk 10K steps daily I got a FitBit in April and kicked ass for awhile but I've only been hitting my 10K step goal maybe 3 times a week. I want to make more of an effort to hit that goal on the daily.
2. Drink 64 oz water at least 5 times a week I've been wanting to up my water intake lately and having a daily goal will help a lot I think. I always notice how much better when I'm drinking a lot of water so I'm ready to get this one started.
3. Write once a week I've had the urge to write more lately. Short stories or journal entries or whatever. I used to write more and it's something I would love to get into more. I have even been thinking of a private, personal blog where I can post writing that doesn't really fit with TBFBC vibe we have going here.
4. Spend one weekend day mostly outdoors I love being outside, but honestly I find myself sitting inside a lot on the weekends. I want to take advantage of summer time and spend more time outdoors. Even if it's just reading outside on my porch, I want to make it a priority.
5. Engage more on social media I'm sure I'm not the only one who mindlessly double taps on Instagram, but I want to make an effort to engage more with the people I follow. I want to leave thoughtful comments on Instagram posts and blogs, even start more conversations on Twitter. I love when people engage with me so I plan to do the same!