Happy June friends! I feel like I come alive in the summer. The sun doesn't set until almost 9pm and it just feels like there's so much more time to do things. I already feel like all my weekends (especially the ones with the girls) have filled up for the summer and I'm honestly really excited about it. I'm feeling this renewed sense of purpose lately and I'm just really looking forward to all the fun summer things I've got planned. Let's tackle some small goals to make those bigger goals a little more possible!
Jen's May Small Goals
4. Buy a Fern. Nope, even though this was such an easy goal to accomplish.
4/5 is pretty ok with me.
June Small Goals
1. Finish painting the kitchen. I recently started working in my kitchen. I've removed some paneling and part of the wallpaper border. Since it is such a high traffic room, I've been trying to do it in stages so that everyone isn't inconvenienced too much. One side of the room is complete!
2. Keep a Fashion Diary. This is something I've done on and off but I really want to stick with it. I'm going to post my outfit every day on Instagram. I think that will help keep me accountable.
3. Spend time outdoors. I can be so project focused sometimes that I'm not taking enough time to relax and enjoy the warm weather. I will spend more time outside this month, even if I'm just sitting on my porch reading.
4. Buy new living room curtains. Since I updated my living room last summer, I've been wanting to upgrade my curtains. This is the month, folks.
5. Buy a new swimsuit. This goal will hopefully help push goal #3 even further, plus I haven't had a new suit in like 5 years so it's time.
Heather's May Small Goals
1. Bring my lunch 3 times a week I don't think this was accomplished but I also didn't really keep track.
4. Start a new crafty project Complete fail. I didn't start anything creative in May. I need to make time for this in June. I'm feeling really uninspired lately.
3/5 goals complete in May
June Small Goals
1. Read 10 books I have so many library books on my cart right now (like 18 of them!) so I'm doubling my May goal to make some serious reading progress.
2. Take myself on a date I want to go do something alone (honestly probably dinner and a movie). I don't do enough things like this so I want to give it a shot.
3. Donate stuff from extra room I've been adding things to donate in a pile in my extra room. It's finally big enough that I think it's time to drop it off at Goodwill.
4. Buy a diffuser for essential oils I've been wanting to try diffusing essential oils, specifically lavender oil at night when I'm falling asleep. Now just to get a diffuser.
5. Find all my debt Something I talked about in therapy recently is not being clear on exactly how much debt I might have. I used to deal with money stuff by just ignoring it all and hoping it would go away. This has not worked out for me as a long term strategy I don't want to feel anxious about it any longer, so I'm hoping to just find out what debt I might have. No plans for it yet, just getting the information together.