I don't know about you, but I'm feeling incredibly motivated lately. Not having to wear a coat every day & being able to have the windows open at home feels so nice. This weekend I've gotten up every day and tackled quite a few things on my home to do list. It's felt so good to knock things off my list that I've had on there for awhile. Everything feels so much easier lately, so full of possibility. I tried to be intentional with my small goals this month, using my 101 in 1,001 list for guidance. I'm looking forward to crossing even more off my list things month!
Jen's March Small Goals
5/5 goals completed two months in a row - what a streak!
April Small Goals
1. Stain quilt display shelf. I found this really cool quilt display shelf at the Goodwill Outlet recently. It could use a little love. I'm going to sand it down and stain it a dark wood color.
2. Take 2 Morning Walks per week. Like everyone else, I have spring fever.
3. Paint the vanity in the downstairs bathroom. I feel like I'm on a roll redecorating/remodeling and I do not want to lose steam. My goal is to get the vanity, mirror and matching light fixture painted. I also plan on painting the walls and doors but I want to knock the vanity out for sure this month.
4. Clean out cabinets above fridge. You know, those cabinets that are super hard to get to that just seem to harbor your silliest of junk. I'm planning on purging the bulk and then I'll need to decide what should live there.
5. Finish painting the stairs. At the end of March, I started tackling my stair project. I have ripped the carpet out and have put one coat of paint on the walls and the stair risers. I need to put a second coat on the walls and risers and then I need to paint the treads (tops) of the stairs gray to match the floor upstairs.
Heather's March Small Goals
3. Implement "radical self care" This one kind of fell off my radar, but I have made a lot of strides with my self care this month. I'm going to work on refining what radical self care would look like for me.
4/5 goals completed! A pretty solid March if you ask me.
April Small Goals
1. Start Couch to 5K I want to get started with Couch to 5K again. I really liked the sense of accomplishment I got from it last time I did it.
2. Buy a book cart I want to buy a cart from Ikea to keep books on (specifically library books). I was inspired by this blog post.
3. Meal plan for dinners We usually decide what we are having for dinner the day of and it's not always the most efficient. I want to try planning dinners for a week in advance and buying everything we need during our big shopping trip on the weekend.
4. Sew a robe I have this jersey fabric I bought years ago that I hate going to waste. I was trying to find some easy sewing projects for jersey fabric and a light robe came up. I've been wanting a lighter robe for the warmer months so I'm really excited to see how this comes out.
5. Spending Freeze Some unexpected expenses came up so I would like to use April for a spending freeze. No spending on books, clothes, anything non essential. I am working on a list to make sure I have a really detailed plan on what is covered and what is not.