Here lies Jake, doing what I want to do with all my time: lay on the couch with a blanket & nap. Sadly, I am an adult and have to work or something. Bummer.
Did February kick your ass like it kicked mine? I feel like the whole month flew by and I accomplished literally nothing. Like zero of my small goals got completed. Which usually would be this huge bummer, but I'm trying to be kinder to myself and show myself some grace. Work has taken up a lot of my time. I'm learning to be a better leader and I can feel it paying off, but it's been a ton of hard work that has honestly left me drained at the end of each day. I'm ready for March, which promises more fun and (fingers crossed) the start of Spring. I think Jen was much more accomplished in February, so let's see how we did and what we've got planned for March.
Jen's February Small Goals
Ya'll, I was on fire this month. My motivation and energy levels were crazy high which feels weird for the month of February. 5/5 goals complete! I don't think this has happened before!!!
March Small Goals
1. Finish closet purge. Ahhh! I've been working on this goal in the smallest of steps for months and I'm really starting to make some progress. I've purged most of the easy things and now I'm working through the more difficult items. I'm also ready to purge some "office wear" I've been holding on to "just in case". I'm probably never going to wear it again so it must go.
2. Paint the floor in my closet. So the floor in my closet is the same old hardwood the rest of the room had, it just never had carpet GLUED to it. Once I finish this purge, I'm going to pull everything I'm keeping out (that is arranged in very organized totes and baskets I might add) and I'm going to paint the floor to match the rest of the room. Might refresh the walls too, who knows?!
3. Goodwill Donation. I'm really hoping Heather and I can make a date work this month to get rid of our donations. Mine are also taking over my extra room and its starting to drive me bananas seeing everything every day.
4. Prep, Prep, Prep. Guys, I have something brewing in the near future. I don't want to get too specific at the moment, mostly because I don't want to jinx anything and I'm a little surprised by my choices. Gah, this is so vague which I hate, but I'm going to spend a good chunk of this month prepping for a certain release. That is all I'm saying on this matter for the mo'.
5. Kitty Love. I'm just going to come right out and admit this, I've been a very distracted cat mom thanks to all these home projects. Yea, they get all the love and food they need, but I'm really skimping on some of my duties like brushing them and making time to play with them. I recently started brushing them again and I can tell they are living for it which makes me feel pretty bad because it hardly takes anytime at all. Making more of an effort this month!
Heather's February Small Goals
1. Sunday yoga Nope. I think I exercised once all month.
2. Wear a dress once a week No again. It has been so cold that every time I thought about pulling out some tights for a dress I would imagine the cold wind and change my mind.
3. Organize the extra room This is still on my to do list, but I have a ton of stuff to donate to Goodwill before I can make more progress.
4. Start a new knitting project I had good intentions but did not put anything new on my needles this month.
5. Read 10 books I made it to 6 books.
Wow ok 0/5 goals accomplished. February was a rough month for me guys.
March Small Goals
1. Sell books at Half Price Books A friend from work told me you could sell your books at Half Price Books and changed my life. I have an enormous tote bag full of books I was going to donate, but will try to sell here first instead.
2. Donate home stuff to Goodwill As mentioned above, I have a lot of stuff taking up space in our extra bedroom that needs to be donated. I've been trying to do this with Jen for weeks, but it's always snowing on the weekend. I'm making this a priority this month.
3. Implement "radical self care" I made this phrase up, but basically I've been doing a shitty job taking care of myself over the past year. Binge eating and not consistently exercising when I know it helps my mental health a lot. I want to implement some radical changes this month to turn into a regular thing. Some daily things, some weekly, some monthly, but all things that I need to do to take care of myself.
4. Cook 3 new things I've really been wanting to try some new dinners. All our usual ones are feeling boring.
5. Drink 48 oz. of water each day I'm a slow drinker and usually don't finish my coffee until after 11 or 12 each day. I need to get more water in my life and I have a huge water bottle that holds 48 oz. of liquid, so here we go.