What's up my dudes? June is already in full swing but it's not too late to talk about some goals for the month. I feel like May flew by and I didn't get any time to relax. June is shaping up to be more of the same, but I love summer so I'm trying to soak it in before I shut myself up inside for the winter. We are linking up (late) with some other lovely goal setters with Nicole at Feel Good, Dress Better. Check the other posts out and let's crush some goals together!
Jen's May Small Goals
1. Write at least once a week. I did this like 1 week and got off track. Definitely something I want to make a habit in my weekly life.
4. Work on Decision Making Skills. I'm just not great at making decisions on my own. I always tend to not make decisions or wait until I can confer with a trust person. I'm not sure I made very much progress on this but I'm trying to be less passive and more confident.
5. Continue Closet Clean Out. I didn't make a lot of progress on this goal. I dad take some things to the resale shop to sell, but I didn't physically take anything out of my closet that I hadn't already mentally parted with. Hoping to revisit this goal when my husband switches to the weekend shift.
2/5 - Not great, but I'm feeling so much better mentally that I'm fine with it.
June Small Goals
1. Try some homemade smoothie recipes. I've always had issues with textures. From the research I've done, I think I fall under the spectrum of having sensory processing issues. It is so hard for me to consume fruits because of this. I'm going to do some searching and find some recipes to try out to eat it in smoothie form. If you have any great one, send them my way!
2. Pool life. I'm hoping to get to spend a couple of afternoon soaking up the sun poolside!
3. 6 Miles. I want to get an average of walking/running 6 miles per week. I should be able to accomplish that within 3 days. I've found a park pretty close to my house that has a walking trail and its so peaceful and probably where I'll be murdered but I'm very excited about this new walking trail.
4. Crafting Ruts. Man, I'm stuck in a crafting rut. I love stitching and the art that can be created, but I'm feeling a little burnt out. I'm ready to tackle something new. I'm not really sure what that'll entail and that leaves this goal pretty open but I'm curious to see what I come up with by the end of the month.
5. Closet Shop. I've finally started buying a few pieces of clothing here and there since my husband is employed again. But this month I really want to focus on shopping from my own closet, mix and matching outfits and dressing as if I'm always taking outfit photos for the blog. I'm hoping this will continue to help me eliminate pieces I'm no longer into or no longer flow with my personal style.
Heather's May Small Goals
1. Start Couch to 5K I did restart this, but lost steam when I got sick. I'm planning to start again in June. I'm not giving up!
2. Read 5 books Done! I felt like I was able to get back into my reading groove this month.
3. Wear lipstick twice a week Nope.
4. Restart the Feel Good, Dress Better workbook Done! I got through the closet clean out section and am planning to do some more this month!
4/5 goal complete. Not too shabby!
June Small Goals
1. Continue with Couch to 5K I started in May then kind of stopped for 2 weeks. I want to get back to it this month.
2. Start a food journal I'm working on my relationship with food in therapy and I think keeping a food journal will help me dive deeper into this. Especially recording my emotional state/how I feel after I eat will give me the insight I need.
3. Hit my end of quarter work goals At work we have quarterly goals to hit and I'm not where I want to me at this point. I want to hit my goals by the end of June.
4. Plan our honeymoon We have paid off most of the wedding at this point so it's time to look into planning a honeymoon for August. I'm so excited to see where we end up going.
5. List things on Poshmark I went through my closet recently and I have a ton of things I haven't worn before. I want to try listing them on Poshmark before donating them.