Hey-o blog friends! April ended up being the month we took a blogging break It was unintentional but with the wedding, I just had to put some things to the side and blogging was one of them. Now we are back and ready to tackle some small goals. We didn't have any in April, so let's review what we got done in March & see what we have on deck for May. As always, we are linking up with Nicole at Feel Good, Dress Better. Be sure to go check out everyone's goals on her post!
Jen's March Goals
5/5 - this has to be a first probably due to some of the easiest goals yet
April Small Goals
1. Write at least once a week. I used to love writing. I haven't done anything original in a while but I have a novel (haha) idea and its time to put pen to paper.
2. Explore Self Calming Techniques. My life has been in a tailspin the last couple of weeks. When I'm pushed out of my normal routine I experience random panic attacks. I'm going to try to work on some self calming techniques to help during these situations.
3. Exercise and Meditation. I've once again fallen off the exercising bandwagon. Not only am I feeling bad about myself, I also think it helps my anxiety a bit. I'm going to try to take a little time every day to exercise or mediate.
4. Work on Decision Making Skills. I have zero decision making skills. Sometimes the smallest of decisions can be the hardest for me to determine. I feel constantly wishy washy and like I'm losing control. I'm going to try to be more mindful about making decisions this month instead of just going with the flow of things.
5. Continue Closet Clean Out. I've been slowly combing through my closet and eliminating things that are just taking up space. I've eliminated all extra spending in my life and I think it'll be easier to clean out my closet and determine what I wear on the reg without constantly adding new pieces to my life.
Heather's March Small Goals
2. Book a massage Ok so technically I did book a massage, but I ended up having to cancel it because of time/money concerns. Those last minute wedding costs sneak up on you but I'm hoping to make this happen in the next few weeks
3. Exercise 3-4 times a week I wasn't consistent with it, but I did get some workouts in. Definitely not 3-4 a week. More like 1-2 (or sometimes zero).
5. Have a seester day I did not get to have a seester day with Ciara, but I did get lots of time with her during my wedding so I'm still happy. Maybe soon we can schedule something just the two of us.
Ok so 2/5 is not great, but I'm giving myself a pass because wedding
May Small Goals
1. Start Couch to 5K Last year I got really into running at the end of summer/beginning of fall. Then winter hit and I did basically zero exercise. So I want to get back into running again and I really enjoyed the Couch to 5K app last year.
2. Read 5 books I read maybe 2 books in April and it feels really weird. I had a hard time focusing on books with wedding stuff, so I'm hoping to get back into the groove of reading 1-2 books a week.
3. Wear lipstick twice a week I own so much lipstick y'all and I wear it maybe twice a month? I can get self conscious of it, especially at work which has a really casual vibe. I want to start wearing it twice a week at least, to figure out favorite shades or get rid of ones that don't work.
4. Restart the Feel Good, Dress Better workbook I never finished the FGDB workbook and when I opened it recently, I realized a lot of the outfits/most worn items in my closet and completely different now. I have been really into refining my personal style so I'd love to set aside some time to go through it again.
5. Outfit plan for two trips I'm going to Nashville with work the first weekend in May then Chicago with Jarrett & friends Memorial weekend. I'm so excited for both trips and I want to pack some cute outfits for all those 'grams I'm gonna be taking. Hopefully getting through FGBD will help with this goal too.