June is here which means the year is almost half way over. I will never get over how quickly the passage of time goes so I won't bother even talking about how time flies. It's getting hotter in Missouri so the humidity is on the rise and I'm kind of bummed that the days of leaving my windows open all day are probably numbered. But I am excited for summer and all the fun things it brings. It's my favorite season and I'm so excited for it to start filling up with activities. May was kind of a killer month for both of us. For maybe the first time ever we both accomplished all 5 of our small goals! I'm really hoping I can bring that energy into June as well and smash our goals for this month too. As always we are linking up with Nicole over at Writes Like a Girl so make sure you stop by to check out all the other goals that are linked up!
Jen's May Small Goals
5/5 - This is basically unheard of.
June Small Goals1. Frame my 2016 Cross Stitch Project. I finished up this project months ago but haven't made finishing it a priority. I think I've decided I'm going to frame it in a mustard frame. I think it will compliment my National Parks project very well. The goal: order frame and frame it!
2. Wear Sandals. This is such a silly goal. If I could wear Converse or Toms everyday I seriously would. This causes neglect among my seasonal shoes. This month I'm going to actively remind myself to wear sandals most days (unless it's raining, of course). Hopefully this will be a habit forming mechanism.
3. Make 2 Garments. Sew (haha), I made 3 skirts and a romper this last month. That's basically a garment a weekend and that sort of progress feels phenomenal (especially since I cranked a quilt out too!) My goal is to sew 2 new garments this month. I've already purchased fabric so this should be pretty doable.
4. Morning Routine. Last summer I had the best morning routine. Up by 5:30, shower, breakfast and yoga and then get ready for work and read. Lately, this has all gone to hell since my husband would rather soak up that last half an our of sleep. I miss my morning yoga and reading on the porch and I need to figure out how to fit all this back into my daily schedule!
5. Join a Sew Along. Heather emailed information about a bodysuit sew along. It's exactly that, Rowan is hosting a sew along on their blog to help their readers create bodysuits. I'm an avid fan of this particular garment and was super pumped when Heather shared this information with me. I can't wait to be able to make alllllll the bodysuits!
Heather's May Small Goals
June Small Goals
1. Finish knitting sweater front I finished the back of a sweater I'm knitting in April but have been putting off starting the front. I want to make that a priority in the evenings when watching tv and complete this by the end of June.
2. Make a Return to Work plan I got back to work in July and I'm starting to feel more and more anxious the closer it gets. I want to make a plan so I feel like I'm a little more in control and to calm some of my anxiety about going back.
3. Narrow down wedding venue search Wedding planning is kind of overwhelming. We haven't been super serious about it, but I've been keeping a big list of possible venues and I'd like to narrow it down. At the end of the month I'm hoping to have 5-6 possibilities instead of like 30.
4. Have a "Girl Day" with Emily and Morgan One of our favorite things to do since the girls were little has been to have a "girl day". It's just about hanging out the 3 of us and doing something fun. It's a nice way to connect since I only have them every other week. I want to plan something fun for girl day with them soon.
5. Go camping We bought a tent a few months ago on sale but have yet to get it out of the box. I'd like to go camping at least once this month, even if it's just in our backyard.