Happy October friends! My favorite month is upon us and the temps are finally cooling down. I've worn tights and booties multiple times lately! Just a basic girl loving fall and her pumpkin spice lattes. Jen inspired me lately to start writing out a weekly to do list on Monday mornings and I feel like it's made a huge difference in the amount of things I get done. I'm way more likely to work on crossing things off after work when I have it written down and Jen as my partner in crime. This month I'm trying to be more intentional with my goals since I have a huge list of things to accomplish by my 30th birthday. As always, we are linking up with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl so go check out everyone's small goals!
Jen's Small Goals
5. Make cat toys. I fixed one of our current cat toys, does that count? I think I'm going to call this one a fail since I really wanted to make some new toys.
Finishing 4/5 is a pretty good month!
1. Nightly routine. I would like to say I'm a person who washes her face before bed and has an entire nightly routine. But I don't. I usually read or watch tv until I can hardly keep my eyes open and then flop into bed. Last month I started using a face moisturizer (because I'm 30) and this month I really hope I can develop a nightly routine so I can use that moisturizer twice a day.
2. Pin Storage. I'm tired of digging through pins. Some sort of pin storage organization will happen this month!
3. Try Pore Strips. I'm definitely one of those people who can get caught up in watching the pore strip videos (they are just soooo ewwww but fascinating at the same time?!). I've never tried them but I'm super into the idea of ridding my pores of all the built up gunk.
4. (re)Read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I'm sure this has everything to do with the movie just being released, but I'm going to try to get caught up on this series. I think I read the first two but I know I bought the third one on sale and never read it. I think they will make great seasonal reading.
5. Fall Outing. It's not a secret how much I love fall. I'm going to try to schedule some sort of fall outing this month. I'm not sure if it will be a fall festival, a pumpkin patch or even just a bonfire but I'm doing something that screams fall!
Heather's Small Goals
. No outfit repeats Done! I meant to keep a more detailed photo record of this but I was able to wear something different every day this month. It helped me to keep my wardrobe fresh and forced me to wear somethings that don't get a ton of love.
2. Try yoga
Soooo I technically didn't try yoga but I did buy tickets to a Cats & Yoga event on October 6th so I'm pretty stoked about that.
3. Send some snail mail
Done and done! I sent some mail to my friend Meredith, a postcard to my sister, and became pen pals with my friend Amanda. It was a good month for snail mail.
5. Solo dates with my beebs Sadly the most important thing on my to do list didn't get done. I am making this my priority for October though. I want to soak in that one on one time with my beebs.
4/5 is pretty solid!
October Small Goals
1. Stick to my budget I recently combined budgets with my boyfriend and we are actively working towards jointly paying off debt. Adulthood is so fascinating. I went like insanely over budget, like double my spending budget, which led to some pretty tough conversations. This month I'm determined to stay under budget.
2. Daily Gratitude list I want to be a little more present and grateful in my daily life so I think keeping a daily list of 1-3 things I'm grateful for will help me with that. I also bought the 52 Weeks of Happiness list book so I think I'll incorporate that as well.
3. Write two short stories/essays One goal I want to accomplish by my birthday is to write more. I have a goal of writing 3 short stories by my birthday so it would be really nice to make some time this month to write some of those ideas I've been thinking about for awhile.
4. Accessorize twice a week I was talking to Jen recently about all this jewelry I have but never wear. I want to bust some of that out this month and try to accessorize two outfits per month.
5. Make two Halloween crafts I love crafting and I love Halloween. So far I'm thinking I need a wreath and maybe some spooky garland? I need to get on that ASAP.