Hey-o! After everything with my mom we took a huge break from blogging and regular features in August, but I love making lists so we are back with some goals for September! I want to try to cross some of my 30 before 30 goals off this month. September is one of my favorite months, since it signals the beginning of fall. I'm so ready for the cooler temps and all the pumpkin spice everything I can get my hands on. I also think September is a really motivating time. Maybe because school is starting and our routine is changing that it feels like the perfect time to get some things accomplished. As always, we are linking up with Nicole over at Writes Like a Girl, so go check out every one else's small goals as well!
Jen's Small Goals
1. Seasonal Pinterest Projects. For the past several years, I've aimlessly pinned crafty projects I would love to complete but rarely follow through on. I get so wrapped up in starting the next quilt project. I think I do this because lining up a big project takes up several months of my time where I don't have to be in the planning stage. But I literally have over 20 quilts now and I LOVE to craft. I think I just need to redirect my crafty energy. Plus, holidays are approaching and SEASONAL projects! Watch me tackle my crafty pinterest board!
2. Outfit Prep. Yea, I can be really bad about picking my outfits out last minute, being overwhelmed with choices and then having a morning meltdown. Not really, but I hate the extra stress I put myself through. This goal is simply thinking about my next day's outfit before bed. If I would go even further and gather it, that would be great, but the idea is really what I need.
3. Bake some shit. Not only did we just purchase a new range, I used to really enjoy baking. With all the holidays coming up and all the fun seasonal foodie tutorials I making this a legit goal. I'm hoping it sticks around longer than a month.
4. Read 1 physical book. I'm a kindle lover. That is where my library is. But, I've borrowed a ton of books from Heather so I need to actively remind myself to take a break from the kindle and pick up a book. There are a few new releases that are must reads this month which is why I'm only committing to one.
5. Make cat toys. Cat toys are something I've been wanting to make forever. Cat toys can be kind of pricey plus my cats enjoy destroying them. Some of ours are getting in pretty sad shape. I think I'll work up a few and fill them with their drug of choice, nippers (yah know, cat nip for sane people) and enjoy their happiness.
Heather's Small Goals
1. No outfit repeats One project I tackled with my recent time off was cleaning out my closet. I don't know how it got so full after a major clean out a few months ago, but here we are. I rearranged my closet into sections. The left side is my most worn items, the middle is things I love but don't get worn a ton, and the right side is cardigans and seasonal items. I'm going to try to not wear the same outfit for the month of September and see how that goes.
2. Try yoga I've been walking a ton and feeling great, but I'd love to try yoga this month. I've always wanted to give it a try and I have a new friend that mentioned wanting to go to a yoga class so maybe we can schedule that for September.
3. Send some snail mail I recently scored a deal on two Happy Mail Boxes for the price of one, so I think I'm going to try out this subscription. My grandma is my only pen pal right now but who doesn't love getting mail? I'm going to try to send a few cards out this month to friends and family all over.
4. Make 2 embroidery hoop crafts I have so many embroidery quotes I'd love to check off my to do list so I'm going to make an effort to get a few done this month.
5. Solo dates with my beebs My kids are some of my legit favorite people but I don't really spend a ton of time one on one with them. I'd like to plan out a date with each of them this month to get some quality solo time with them.