Hello friends! We're once again linking up with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl and sharing our small goals for April. Honestly, March flew by and I didn't really keep track of my small goals like I wanted to. I got 3/5 accomplished but I don't feel like I was really intentional in making sure I was working towards them. This month I'm hoping to keep track and check in with myself a little more throughout the month. I'm really digging spring and all the nice weather. I've been doing a lot of hiking and walking around town lately and I could not be happier. What's on your radar for April friends?
Jen's March Small Goals
1. Continuation of clothing freeze. Yea, I failed at this again. Obviously this isn't a very obtainable goal for me. I'd like to say I'll try harder this month, but it is probably a lie and a goal I should just abandon. (But I won't.)
4. Finish Parks and Recreations on Netflix. Nope, I was dreaming too big with this goal. I did finish up Season 2! And somehow I got off on a New Girl rewatch. But, progress is progress!
Jen's April Small Goals
1. Continuation of Clothing Freeze. For obvious reasons and for me to be able to finally check this goal off my list. Or should I just admit my failings and that I'm a habitual spender and clothing hoarder. Thoughts?
2. Read 1 Classic Novel. I've chosen Pride and Prejudice. I started it once and never finished it and that is just unacceptable for an avid reader. I always want to read the classics so hopefully setting a goal will make me follow through.
3. Up workout from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. Since I started my workout last month, I've consistently worked out for 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I started on the beginner workout and now I've joined in with everyone else and the workout is longer and more intense but I really love it which sounds crazy even to my own ears.
4. Finish stash busting quilt top. I'm going to really try to finish up the remainder of blocks I need and to get the top of this quilt put together. The quilt itself won't have any batting (since it is a summer blanket) and I'm planning on tying it together with yarn as my quilting method so I might make a bold statement and predict I have this quilt finished this month. But I'm definitely committing to having the quilt top done!
5. Disconnecting. Social media has become the bane of my existence for reals. Honestly, the closed minded views of other just rubs me the wrong way sometimes and only I can eliminate that negativity from my life. And I feel like it just becomes a waste of time. I'm not an avid poster (instagram is totes my favorite and I'm going to stay present there), but I'm going to disconnect more from facebook in particular and focus on more meaningful things in life. Peace out facebook!
Heather's March Small Goals
1. Learn cat eye eyeliner Major fail. I honestly forgot this was even one of my goals until now.
2. Successfully complete boyfriend birthday surprise!
4. Spend zero money on clothes/books/non-essentials Another MAJOR fail. I'll do better in April!
5. Work out 3-4 times a week
Heather's April Small Goals
1. Start a new craft project I've been wanting to get back into crafting in the evening. I'd like to work on a cross stitch project or a crochet blanket or something.
2. Get a massage Dudes. I have the tightest muscles and a ton of issues with back pain that I feel like a massage would help so much. I'm going to make an appointment and treat myself to some self care this month
3. Work out 4-5 times a week I feel ready to really push myself in my workouts and add in an extra day or two a week. I feel like it's totally doable and I'm actually excited to fit some more in. WHO AM I?!
4. Redo my monthly budget I haven't taken a look at my budget since I started my new job in February. I may have been spending a little too much lately and I think sitting down to redo my budget needs to happen this month, especially with a few trips I have planned in the next few months.
5. Blog post 3 times a week I'm the blog planner up in here and I can just not keep a consistent posting schedule. I'd like to set one up and post 3 times a week this month and hopefully find a rhythm that will last past April.